You'll love these meatless Zucchini Meatballs for a healthy, fresh vegetarian dinner! Serve them up with your favorite pasta sauce and noodles for a dinner your friends and family will love!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 4 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- several cranks of black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with non stick foil. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, drizzle olive oil and heat over medium high heat. Add garlic and saute for about 1 minute. Add in shredded zucchini.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, until most of the water in the skillet has evaporated. Transfer to a colander and press out remaining liquid.
- In a large bowl combine bread crumbs, egg, seasoning, basil, and parmesan cheese. Mix with the zucchini until fully blended.
- Using a 2Tbsp scoop, form 20 balls, rolling tightly, and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until firm and lightly browned.
- Serve meatballs with your favorite sauce on pasta, zoodles, or a hoagie with cheese! ENJOY!
|This article adapted from this site|