SHEET PAN APPLE PIE BAKE
Sheet Pan Apple Pie Bake is a mouthwatering dessert to feed a crowd, and it's so much easier to make than traditional apple pie. Serve it with ice cream, whipped cream or caramel sauce for something unique and fun! Plus video tutorial!
- 8 flour tortillas, 8 inch
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored & chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- Serving ideas - optional
- whipped cream
- ice cream
- caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Set aside a medium baking sheet.
- On a medium baking sheet, arrange 6 tortillas in a flower petal pattern with several inches outside the pan and several inches of overlap. Place a 7th tortilla in the middle.
- Place a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add butter, chopped apples, 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon.
- Sauté the apples for 8-10 minutes until they start to soften, stirring regularly with a wooden spoon.
- Spoon apple mixture from skillet on top of tortillas on baking sheet. Spread out to make an even layer.
- Fold the flaps of tortilla outside the pan on top of the apples. Place the 8th tortilla in the middle to cover the gap.
- Mix remaining 1/4 cup sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the tortillas.
- Place another baking pan on top to hold the tortillas in place and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve with optional ice cream, whipped cream and caramel sauce. Enjoy!
|This article adapted from this site|