- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 3 oz tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Burger buns and toppings of choice
- In a small pot, cook the quinoa with water and add salt to taste. Bring a boil, cover and simmer for 14 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- In a large bowl, add the rinsed black beans and mash the bean fully with a fork or potato masher. Add the cooked quinoa to the black beans, then add the tomato paste, all the seasoning and the breadcrumbs. Form four patties.
- Heat olive oil in a grill pan, place the quinoa burgers in the pan and fry over medium heat for about 4 minutes per side.
- Build a burger with your favorite buns and toppings.
- Recipe adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie
- Nutrition information does not include the bun or the toppings. It’s only for the patty.
- For baking instructions, place the patties on a greased baking dish and bake for 15 minutes at 400°F. Then flip and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- If you prefer not to use quinoa, you can try cooked brown rice instead
- You can substitute other types of beans for the black beans
- Instead of bread crumbs, you can use panko breadcrumbs or all-purpose flour or almond flour. It helps to bind the burger.
|This article adapted from this site|