Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Wellington
This classy keto bacon burger wellington is an incredible upgrade for your next low-carb hamburger.
For the pastry dough:
- 1 cup Mozzarella shredded
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 burger patty (or 150g ground beef)
- 1 slice cheddar cheese cut into quarters
- 1 tsp mustard
- 4 slices bacon raw
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Lettuce for serving, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- In a bowl mix mozzarella, almond flour and cream cheese. Microwave on high for 1 minute, stir and microwave for 1 more minute.
- Divide burger patty in half (or you can use ground beef to form 2 small patties). Place 4 strips of bacon on a cutting board crosswise, top with half of beef patty, cheddar slices, the other half of patty and then wrap the bacon around.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add bacon wrapped patty and cook for 3 minutes on each side and transfer to a plate.
- Roll the dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper. Take the upper parchment off and spread mustard in the center of the pastry. Place the burger on the mustard and wrap the burger.
- Transfer the burger to an oven safe dish, brush with beaten egg, sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Cut and serve with some leafy greens!
*This will go well with a low-carb salad.
|This article adapted from this site|