EASY VEGAN STUFFING
- 1 pound white bread such as baguette or ciabatta (cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup white onion (diced)
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- 1/2 cup pecans (chopped) or walnuts (chopped)
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 flaxseed egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 2 1/2 tablespoons water)
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (chopped)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Place bread cubes in a bowl or a tray and leave overnight to dry. Or Place bread cubes on a cooking tray and bake in the oven at 325ºF for 30 minutes, or until bread cubes are dry and slightly colored.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a pan over medium heat, add olive oil, onions and celery and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Add walnuts (or pecans) and sauté for an additional 3 minutes. Turn the heat off and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add bread cubes and vegetable broth and gently toss. Add flaxseed egg, sage, parsley and rosemary and gently fold.
- Season with salt and pepper and transfer mixture to baking dish.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil, remove foil and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Serve.
This vegan stuffing recipe will keep in the fridge for up to a week.
|This article adapted from this site|