Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
You'll love this easy crock pot recipe for chicken thighs cooked in honey garlic sauce. Only 5 ingredients + a couple seasonings. Super easy chicken recipe!
- 6 boneless , skinless chicken thighs*
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup low sodium ketchup
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Arrange chicken thighs on the bottom of your slow cooker; set aside. (please look at the notes section)
- In a mixing bowl, combine garlic, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, oregano and parsley; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken thighs.
- Close with a lid and cook for 4 to 5 hours on LOW, or 3 to 4 hours on HIGH.** (please look at the notes section)
- Remove lid and transfer chicken to a serving plate.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
*Use enough chicken thighs (bone-in or boneless, skin-on or without) to cover the bottom of your slow cooker. You can also use chicken breasts.
**All crock pots cook at different times and temperatures. Some readers suggest to only cook the chicken for 3 hours, while others said it took 4 hours in their crock pot. More importantly, 165 degrees Fahrenheit is the safe internal temperature for both the white meat of the chicken and dark meat.
If you would like to thicken the sauce, 30 minutes before the chicken is done, whisk a cornstarch slurry into the sauce; cover and continue to cook.
How to make a Cornstarch Slurry
- Use 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water; mix it together until mixture forms a paste.
- 30 minutes before the chicken is done cooking, whisk the cornstarch slurry into the sauce inside the slow cooker; cover and continue to cook for 30 minutes.
|This article adapted from this site|