Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks
These Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks are perfect for dunking! A thick, slightly crisp, yet still chewy cookie loaded with mini chocolate chips and made in a 9 x 13-inch pan for easy baking!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with aluminum foil and spray the bottom and sides with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, then add the flour mix to the wet ingredients in two separate additions, mixing until combined after each addition.
- Mix in 1 cup of the mini chocolate chips.
- Transfer the cookie dough to the prepared baking pan and use your hands to press and spread the dough out evenly to cover the entire pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips over the dough and gently press into the dough using the palms of your hands.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and gently lift the cookie out of the pan by using the aluminum foil, transfer to a solid, flat surface.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut 18 strips along the 13-inch side and then run the cutter once up the middle of the 9-inch side to create 36 cookie sticks.
- If you want crisper, harder cookies, follow the instructions above and then transfer the cut cookie sticks to a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
|This article adapted from this site|