Cheeseburger Hobo Packets
These easy foil packets are a great way to make a quick dinner on the grill! These Cheeseburger Hobo Packets are made with potatoes, carrots and a homemade cheeseburger! Such a simple foil packet recipe and so delicious!
- 1 lb ground hamburger 80% lean
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 small potatoes peeled and sliced
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 slices cheese
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine the hamburger, egg, seasoning salt and garlic powder. Form into four patties, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients except cheese slices. Mix until combined.
- Spray four 12'' x18'' pieces of foil with nonstick spray. Place 1/4 of the vegetables in the center of the foil. Top with 1 beef patty. Seal packets and place beef side up on the grill.
- Grill for 35-45 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender and the ground beef reaches 160 degrees F. I flipped mine over during the last 20 minutes of cooking.
- When the packets are done open the top, hamburger patty facing up, and add a piece of cheese. Close grill cover and grill 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
These can also be made in the oven.
Simple preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the foil packets, beef side up on a large baking sheet and bake 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender and the ground beef reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
|This article adapted from this site|