veggie burger recipe vegetarian burger
- ½ carrot, finely chopped
- 6 gobi / cauliflower, finely chopped
- 4 beans, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sweet corn
- 2 tbsp peas / matar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 potato / aloo, boiled & grated
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp chaat masala
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- ¼ cup maida / plain flour
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, for coating
- oil, for frying
- 3 tbsp eggless mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 3 burger bun
- few slices tomato
- few slices cucumber
- pinch salt
- few slices jalapeno
- pinch pepper powder
- 3 slices cheese
VEGGIE PATTIES PREPARATION:
- firstly, steam ½ carrot, 6 gobi, 4 beans, 2 tbsp sweet corn, 2 tbsp peas and ¼ tsp salt.
- steam for 10 minutes on medium flame.
- transfer the steamed vegetables to large mixing bowl.
- also, add 3 boiled and mashed potato.
- further, add ¼ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp garam masala, ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp chaat masala and ½ tsp salt.
- add 2 tbsp coriander and mix well combining all the spices well.
- furthermore add ¼ cup bread crumbs and mix well. breadcrumbs help to absorb moisture from vegetables.
- prepare a slurry by mixing 2 tbsp cornflour, ¼ cup maida and ½ cup water in a small bowl.
- prepare ball sized patties and dip in maida slurry.
- coat with panko breadcrumbs uniformly.
- shallow fry in hot oil keeping the flame on medium.
- fry on both sides, until it turns golden brown. drain off and keep aside.
- firstly, in a small bowl take 3 tbsp eggless mayonnaise, 2 tbsp tomato sauce and 1 tsp chilli sauce.
- mix well-forming burger sauce.
- spread a tbsp of prepared burger sauce on the bun.
- place a few slices of tomato, cucumber and jalapeno.
- sprinkle salt and pepper slightly.
- layer with a cheese slice.
- further place prepared patties and cover with another part of the bun.
- finally, enjoy veggie burger with chips and salad.
This article adapted from this site