vegetarian quinos mexican dinner
Vegetarian Quinoa Mexican Dinner for those one-pan quick weeknight meals that the entire family will enjoy! Healthy quinoa dinner packed with veggies the entire family will eat? Yes please!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (14oz) can black beans, rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup dried quinoa, rinsed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cups water
- 4 oz pepper jack or cheddar cheese (or dairy-free alternative / omit entirely)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a 9x13 casserole pan, drizzle olive oil, onion, garlic, green pepper and red pepper. Mix together. Bake 10 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, black beans, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt, quinoa, lime juice and water. Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until quinoa is cooked and fluffy.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
|This article adapted from this site|