The Best Cheesy Potato Casserole
- 2lb frozen hash browns
- 1 cup Cream of Chicken Soup Substitute
- 16oz or 2 cups of sour cream
- 1 stick or 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of white onion, chopped
- 3 cups sharp cheddar, shredded, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 stick or 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together with 2 cups of the cheddar until well combined. Put into a well greased casserole dish. Top with remaining cheddar.
- In a separate bowl, mix together corn flakes with melted butter, crushing with your fingers. Put on top of casserole.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees or until cheese is bubbling around the edges and topping is golden brown.
This article adapted from this site