Taco Pasta Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 c. salsa
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 2 c. uncooked elbow macaroni
- 15.5 oz canned corn
- 1/2 c. sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Brown hamburger in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes. Drain grease off.
- Add salsa, tomato sauce and water to hamburger in skillet. Heat to boiling. Add macaroni and corn, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir occasionally.
- When macaroni is cooked sprinkle with cheese, replace cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
What kind of beef is best for pasta?
I prefer ground beef for this Taco Pasta because it cooks fast and is easy to eat with the pasta. Of course, most cuts of beef go well with pasta but for a quick 30 minute one pot dinner ground beef is best. It's better to go with a lean ground beef so your Taco Pasta isn't greasy. If your beef is fattier you'll want to drain off all of the excess grease before you add the liquids.
We love this Taco Pasta with beef, but you could also substitute ground turkey!
Can I use a different kind of pasta?
One pot pastas can be tricky if you use a different pasta shape. Different pasta shapes have different cooking times, so if you use something other than macaroni it might not cook (or will overcook) in the time listed in the recipe. I've tested this recipe multiple times so I know it works with macaroni.
|This article adapted from this site|