Sweet Potato Tacos
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 12 Corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon Olive or canola oil
- 1/2 cup salsa, plus more to taste
- 2 avocados
- Juice of one lime
- Coarse kosher salt
- Queso Fresco, or your favorite Mexican cheese
- Cilantro, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Rinse sweet potatoes, jab with a fork a few times, and wrap each one tightly in aluminum foil. Place wrapped potatoes on a baking sheet and bake in the center of the oven until soft, about one hour.
- Place a few drops of oil in a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Once hot, add one or two corn tortillas so they lay flat but don’t overlap. Move the tortilla around to coat it in oil and let cook a few minutes until beginning to char and crisp a little. Flip and continue to cook until the other side is also charred. Remove to a plate and continue with as many tortillas as desired, adding a few drops of oil to the pan each time you add a new tortilla.
- Meanwhile, remove the skin from the sweet potatoes and mash roughly with a fork in a medium bowl. Add salsa and stir.
- In a small bowl mash avocados. Add lime juice and salt to taste and mix thoroughly.
- To assemble the tacos, spread a layer of the sweet potato mixture down the middle of a tortilla, top with a dollop of avocado, and sprinkle with cheese, pepitas, cilantro, and more salsa if desired.
Instant Pot Instructions
Place the steamer rack in your Instant Pot and add 1 cup of water.
Place sweet potatoes on the rack and seal the lid, making sure the release valve is in the proper position.
Set the Instant Pot to manual high pressure for 15 minutes. It will take a few minutes to come up to pressure.
Once the time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for ten minutes. Turn the release valve to release any leftover pressure. Once the float valve has dropped, open the lid and remove the sweet potato.
Nutrition information is an estimate that does not include toppings like cheese, pepitas, or cilantro.
This article adapted from this site