Southern Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar, the original recipe calls for 2 tablespoons, but I just add one
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- Brown beef in a large heavy bottomed pot. Drain fat.
- Add onion and green pepper and saute until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds.
- Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, seasonings, and water.
- Simmer 30 minutes.
Note: If you're nervous about the amount of sugar, start with 1/2 tablespoon and add more if desired.
This recipe freezes well.
This article adapted from this site