Southern Green Beans, Bacon, and Potatoes
Southern-style green beans with bacon and potatoes are a perfect side dish, cooked to tender perfection with the perfect seasoning. Serve with fried chicken and cornbread for a comforting meal.
- 16 oz bag of frozen green beans
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 large jalapeno pepper chopped ( optional)
- 1 lb bacon ends chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 lb baby red potatoes cut in halves or quarters
- 3 cups chicken broth.
- Add all of the ingredients into the slow cooker.
- Turn the slow cooker on high.
- Place the lid on top, and let cook for 4 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
This article adapted from this site