Sloppy Joe Casserole
This sloppy joe casserole recipe is the perfect comfort food. This easy to make casserole can be had in only 1 hour.
- 1 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic, Chopped
- 14 oz Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Yellow Mustard
- 2 Cups Frozen Corn
- 16 oz Penne Pasta
- 8 oz Colby Jack Cheese, Shredded
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat a little olive oil a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef, onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and garlic until the beef is browned and crumbly. Drain and discard grease.
- Stir tomatoes, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper into ground beef mixture; reduce heat and simmer until heated through.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook corn in the boiling water until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Bring another large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook al dente according to directions on package. Drain and set aside.
- Add corn, pasta, and cheese to ground beef mixture. Mix well. Pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
This article adapted from this site