Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
Cauliflower steaks are easy to make entre that is oven roasted with simple seasonings like salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Serve the vegetable steak with a flavorful sauce or toppings for a customizable dish.
- 2 heads cauliflower, about 2 pounds (908g) each
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, (5g)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil, (60ml)
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Adjust oven rack to the lower third position. Preheat oven to 500ºF.
- Remove the outer green leaves from the head of cauliflower and trim the stem.
- Using a large knife cut the cauliflower in half lengthwise through the center.
- Cut a 1 1/2-inch thick steak from each half of the cauliflower. If the head is large, carefully cut one more steak from each of the cut sides.
- Repeat process with the other head of cauliflower. Trim any florets not connected to the stem. There should be about 4 to 8 pieces total.
- Place cauliflower steaks on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl mix together salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Drizzle olive oil on both sides of each cauliflower steak.
- Evenly sprinkle the seasoning mixture on both sides of the cauliflower steaks, about 1/4 teaspoon per side.
- Tightly cover the baking sheet with foil and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the cauliflower and roast for 10 minutes.
- Gently flip the cauliflower steak and roast until a golden brown crust forms on both sides, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer cauliflower steaks to a serving platter and garnish with parsley.
This article adapted from this site