OLIVE GARDEN CHICKEN GNOCCHI SOUP
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 4 Tbs butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 package 16 ounces mini potato gnocchi
- 1 cup fresh spinach chopped
- In large dutch oven or stock pot, melt butter and olive oil together.
- Add your onions, carrots and garlic and cook until onions become translucent.
- Whisk in your flour and let cook for a minute, slowly stir in your chicken broth and simmer until it starts to thicken up.
- Meanwhile in pan cook your gnocchi according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Add your milk to your veggie and chicken broth mix and bring to a boil, stir in your seasonings.
- Once at a boil reduce heat and add your gnocchi, spinach and chicken simmering until heated through and thickened.
You can add celery to this recipe if desired, juts add about 1 cup chopped. If your soup is too thin for your liking add 1Tbs cornstarch mixed with 1Tbs cold water and stir into your soup until thickened.
This article adapted from this site