Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
Make Olive Garden's Alfredo Sauce Recipe at home in just 20 minutes! Pair it with Fettuccine for an easy dinner idea the whole family will love!
- 6 Tablespoons butter high quality
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 1.5 cups milk any kind
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated and at room temperature
- ½ cup Romano cheese grated and at room temperature
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 lb. Fettuccine
- Parsley to garnish
- Boil the fettuccine according to package instructions. As the water preheats, begin the sauce.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Whisk in the flour. Gradually add the heavy cream, then the milk, whisking constantly.
- Reduce the heat to low once the sauce begins to bubble. It will continue to thicken as it simmers.
- Slowly sprinkle in the cheeses, continuing to whisk.
- Drain the pasta and carefully mix it into the sauce until well incorporated. The pasta will absorb the sauce an it will get thicker still.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, and serve!
Note: You may be tempted to add more cheese to thicken to sauce, but it continues to thicken upon standing and even when added to the pasta.
Alfredo sauce is generally thinner than you may think and thickening it further may make it too rich.
How to Reheat Alfredo Sauce
- Alfredo sauce will thicken up and harden as it cools, but can be easily microwaved or slowly reheated on the stove top. You'll see it begin to take on more of it's original form as it reheats.
- Frozen Alfredo sauce should be thawed overnight in the fridge before heating.
- If the sauce is too thick when reheated, add a splash of milk or chicken broth to thin it out.
|This article adapted from this site|