My Grandmother's Southern Banana Bread
- 2 cup Self Rising Flour
- 1 stick Butter (Not Margarine!!) Softened to room tempature
- 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs, Room Tempature
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream (or You can use vanilla or plain yogurt)
- 4 large Bananas, Very Ripe
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips (Optional)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat Oven to 325°F.
- Butter 2 loaf pans very well.
- Cream Butter
- Add granulated sugar & beat well.
- Add brown sugar & mix well.
- Add both eggs & combine until sugars are no longer grainy. Mix maybe 3-4 minutes.
- Add Sour Cream & mix well.
- Add baking soda to flour & sift the flour mixture together.
- Add flour gradually to the butter mixture.
- Mash bananas with a fork, add to your batter. Mix bananas into batter with mixer on low until just combined.
- Add Vanilla Extract, nuts, & chocolate chips. Mix on low speed until just combined.
- Bake at 325F, for 60-75 minutes. It is done when You put a toothpick into center of bread & it comes out clean, or just a few crumbs on it.
- I hope You enjoy my Grandmother's Recipe.
This article adapted from this site