Creamy homemade fudge made in the microwave with only 3 ingredients! Top with a gooey salted caramel or mix in your favorite chopped nuts. You won't believe how easy and delicious this chocolate fudge recipe is!
FOR CHOCOLATE FUDGE:
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips (can also use milk chocolate)
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter
FOR CARAMEL LAYER:
- 11 ounce package caramel bits (I used Kraft)
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- sea salt or maldon (if desired)
- Line a 8×8″ baking dish with parchment paper. Lightly butter and set aside.
- Combine the chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and butter in a large microwave bowl. Microwave for one minute at 50% power. Stir and then microwave in 30 second increments until the chocolate has melted. It took mine about 2 minutes. Be careful not to over cook or it will be come grainy. Quickly pour into prepared baking dish and press down with a spatula. Refrigerate until set.
- To add the caramel layer (make sure the fudge has hardened), microwave the caramel bits and cream in a microwave bowl for 1 minute. Stir and microwave an additional 30 seconds if needed. Stir until smooth and then pour over the chocolate fudge. Tap the pan on the counter, so it evenly distributes. Top with sea salt immediately, if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. I find it easiest to cut with a plastic knife.
Fudge with nuts: Mix in 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans immediately after the chocolate has melted.
Peppermint fudge: Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top immediately after you pour the chocolate in the pan.
This article adapted from this site