Mandarin Chicken - This healthy Chinese recipe inspired by take out from Panda Express. Chicken breast chunks coated in a sweet/salty brown glaze made of orange juice, brown sugar, and soy sauce.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 1 tbsp. canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- optional: sliced green onions, sesame seeds
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil and the chicken. Stir the chicken to coat it in the oil. Let the chunks of chicken cook until they start to brown on a couple of sides, stirring occasionally (about 5-7 minutes).
- In the meantime, add the orange juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, water, corn starch, and black pepper in a bowl. Stir or whisk until well combined and corn starch is dissolved.
- Pour the sauce over the browned chicken and stir to coat. Once sauce has come to a bubble, reduce the heat to a simmer. Let the chicken and sauce simmer for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve hot. Sprinkle with optional green onions and/or sesame seeds.
This article adapted from this site