Hamburger Steak and Gravy
Hamburger Steak and Gravy – a satisfying family-favorite meal that only uses less ingredients without compromising the taste. Made with Ground beef steak and soaked in an onion mushroom gravy that is to-die for! Pure comfort food that comes easily together!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- ½ -1 teaspoon white or black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon minced or grated onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Mushroom Onion Gravy
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 – 1 ½ cup sliced mushroom
- 1 cup onion , thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning (adjust to taste)
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, pepper, salt, grated onion and minced garlic.
- Using your hands gently combine until it’s fully mixed.
- Then divide into about 4-6 portions. Lightly flatten the patties – set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour broth and water . Set aside
- Heat a lightly oiled skillet or pan on medium -high heat. Cook patties for 2 minutes each side or until just browned. Remove patties and set aside.
- Add about 2 tablespoons butter, followed by mushrooms ,onion , thyme ,garlic Worcestershire sauce and creole seasoning to the skillet, and sauté 6 minutes or until tender.
- Add prepared gravy, and bring to a boil. Return patties and drippings to skillet. Salt and pepper if desired.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 8 to 10 minutes,adjust with more stock or water for desired thickness.
This article adapted from this site