EGG DROP SOUP RECIPE
Quick and easy egg drop soup recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot over stovetop in 20 minutes. A comforting soup better than Chinese restaurants!
- 4 cups Chicken broth Low sodium
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1/2-1 tsp Ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch Dissolved in 2 tbsp water
- 2 Eggs Large, Beaten
- 4-5 tbsp Green onions Roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp Sesame oil Optional
- In a large nonstick pot, add broth, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, salt, pepper and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add dissolved cornstarch slurry and mix.
- Lower the heat to medium.
- Add the beaten eggs slowly and gently stir to make ribbons of cooked egg.
- Add green onions, sesame oil (optional) and mix.
- Turn off heat and serve immediately.
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served immediately and I don’t recommend reheating leftovers. If you really must, you can store leftover soup in a sealed container in the fridge for 1 day and heat in the microwave but the texture will not be the same and silky smooth.
|This article adapted from this site|