- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 3 1/2 c. marinara sauce, divided
- 16 oz. whole-milk ricotta
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 c. chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 (16-oz.) box lasagna noodles, unboiled
- 4 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add beef and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cook until no pink remains. Stir in 3 cups of the marinara until combined and cook 2 to 3 minutes more.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta with Parmesan and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and stir until fully incorporated.
- Grease the bowl of your slow cooker with a nonstick cooking spray. Using the remaining marinara, spread a thin layer on the bottom of the crock pot. Next, add a layer of noodles (you’ll have to break some to make them fit), a layer of meat mixture, a layer of mozzarella, and a layer of ricotta mixture. Repeat until all ingredients are used up, ending with mozzarella. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
- Garnish with more Parmesan and parsley and serve.
This article adapted from this site