CREAMY SHRIMP ALFREDO PASTA
Nothing beats a bowl of creamy fettuccine alfredo with delicious juicy shrimp. This takes less than 30 minutes to make and will please an entire crowd.
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp red crushed pepper optional
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb fettuccine pasta
- fresh parsley for garnish optional
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Heat a large skillet with high sides over medium-high heat and add some oil.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- Add butter, garlic, and red crushed pepper to the skillet and cook until fragrant.
- Add the heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- While the sauce is thickening, add the fettuccine noodles to the pot of boiling water and cook according to the instructions on the package.
- When the pasta is cooked al dente, strain it from the water.
- Season the thickened alfredo sauce with salt & pepper.
- Stir in the cooked fettuccine and shrimp, add more parmesan cheese, garnish with fresh parsley if desired and enjoy!
If you want to use the entire box of fettuccine (1 lb) use 2 cups of heavy cream and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
This article adapted from this site