Cowboy Caviar Recipe
- 6 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 bell bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers seeded and finely diced
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- 15 oz can corn drained (or from 1 cooked cob of corn)
- 15 oz can black beans well rinsed and drained (or make your own)
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro About 1/2 cup chopped
- 3-4 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup light Italian Dressing *
- 4 medium garlic cloves pressed
- 1 tsp sea salt or to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine diced tomatoes, chopped onion and bell pepper, seeded and diced jalapeño, sliced avocado, drained corn, rinsed and drained black beans and chopped cilantro.
- Stir in 3-4 Tbsp of lime juice, 1/2 cup of Italian dressing, 4 pressed garlic cloves and 1 tsp of salt or season to taste. Mix everything together and serve with tortilla chips.
We use either Newmans Own or Olive Garden brand light Italian dressing.
This article adapted from this site