Cowboy Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound 93/7 ground turkey
- 1/2 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup undiluted
- 1 1/4 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 bag frozen Kidfresh Totally Rockin Tots
- Turn on your oven to 375°.
- Pour the tater tots in the bottom of your 9×13 baking dish. Place in the oven and cook for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a bowl. Turn the oven up to 425.
- In a medium skillet, cook your onions until translucent and add turkey. Cook for 5-6 minutes until turkey is just done. Pour in the rotel tomatoes and simmer until liquid has reduced.
- Remove from heat and add sour cream, cream of mushroom soup, drained corn, 1/2 of your cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Pour the mixture in the bottom of you baking dish then spread ½ the reminder cheese on top.
- Layer the tater tots on top, pressing them down into the mixture. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and chives.
- Cover and bake at 425 for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
This article adapted from this site