Chicken Kwetiau Stir Fry
- 4 portion Fresh Kwetiau Noodles (Flat Noodles)
- 300 g Chicken Breast 1 inch x 1 inch cut
- 2 cup Bok Choy 1 inch cut
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Kecap Manis
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 cup Green Onion chopped
- 1 tsp Chicken Stock Powder
- 200 ml Water
- 1/4 cup Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 Shallots
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 4 Bird’s Eye Chilis
- 1 cm Ginger
- 3 Candlenuts
- Crush all spice paste ingredients and 1/2 tsp salt with mortar and pestle until all become a paste. You can use electric spice grinder if you don’t have mortar and pestle. Set aside.
- In a wok heat 2 tbsp cooking oil in high heat. Add chicken breast and cook for 1 minute. Then turn over, cook for another 1 minute. Set aside and put the cooked chicken in the bowl.
- In the same wok, heat remaining cooking oil in medium heat. Add spice paste and stir for 1 minute until the seasoning paste is cooked.
- Move the spices to the side of the wok. Add the eggs and scramble until cooked.
- Turn the heat to high. Add water, kwetiau, oyster sauce, kecap manis, chicken stock powder, and black pepper and stir until combine. Then add bok choy, cooked chicken and green onion and stir until combine. Add salt to your taste. Cook until bok choy is cooked about 1-2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Chicken kwetiau stir fry is ready to serve.
This article adapted from this site