Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe - Fettuccine pasta loaded with chicken and mushrooms in a creamy and irresistibly delicious homemade Alfredo sauce.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil (or Canola), divided
- 12 oz mushrooms, sliced
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Cook pasta per instructions, al dente. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for chicken seasoning in a small bowl.
- Lightly beat chicken breast with a meat mallet so the breasts are even in thickness. Season chicken breasts on both sides.
- In a large skillet, over high heat, heat 1 Tbsp oil. Once hot, add chicken and sear 2 minutes per side, until crispy. Turn down heat to low, cover skillet and cook another 5 minutes. The chicken will become tender.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm. Once chicken cools a bit, slice into thin strands or cube.
- In the same skillet, over med/high heat, sauté sliced mushroom with 1 tsp oil, lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Once mushrooms are cooked, add chopped onion and 2 tsp oil. Sauté over medium heat until onions are tender, stirring as needed.
- Add garlic, 2 Tbsp butter, cook for another minute. Add the flour and stir vigorously.
- Add the milk, heavy whipping cream and parmesan cheese. Mix until well combined. Cook over medium heat until sauce thickens, stirring as needed.
- Add chicken and cooked pasta to skillet, mix and bring to a simmer, cook another minute.
- Serve immediately.
This article adapted from this site