Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
These are the most delicious homemade Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes you will ever try! These creamy cheese scalloped potatoes are super easy to make.
- 2 1/2 - 3 lb russet potatoes thinly sliced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese grated
- First, place sliced potatoes into a glass bowl, fill it with hot water and microwave for 15 minutes or until potatoes have almost soft texture, stirring few times (or boil sliced potatoes for 10 minutes). Then, pour the water out.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, whisk 2 cups heavy whipping cream, 3 minced garlic and 3 tablespoons butter, microwave for 1-2 minutes, until butter melts.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Carefully arrange the first potato layer in your cast iron skillet or a baking pan. Now pour over 1/3 of the heavy whipping cream mixer, season with salt and pepper and 1/3 of tablespoon fresh thyme leaves. Finally, sprinkle 1/3 of mozzarella cheese. Repeat with other two layers except don't add cheese at the end.
- Cover with foil paper bake for about 30-40 minutes or until potato is cooked thru. Uncover, then sprinkle the rest of the cheese and broil on high for about minutes. Serve warm with my family's favorite 3 Ingredient Pot Roast Beef & Easy Italian Salad.
Store the left over scalloped potato in airtight container inside the fridge for up to 3 days.
This article adapted from this site