BRIE IN PUFF PASTRY
- (3) wheels of brie (about 4" round)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fig jam
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) apricot jam
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) honey
- 4 sheets of puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Unwrap brie and remove any stickers. Place fig jam on one and wrap in puff pastry, seam side down. Repeat the same with Apricot jam and 2nd wheel of brie. For third wheel spread honey on brie and top with chopped walnuts. Wrap in puff pastry, seam side down.
- Use 4th sheet of puff pastry to cut out decorative shapes (leaves, stars, Christmas trees) with a cookie cutter. Place shapes on top of brie packages. Then brush the tops with a beaten egg.
- Bake at 400F (200C) degrees for 15-20 minutes, until the pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Allow the baked brie to rest for 15 minutes before cutting into it or the brie will not be set and will ooze out!
- Arrange your baked brie on a platter and serve with raisin toasts, grapes and nuts.
After your brie is wrapped in the pastry, pop it in the freezer for 30 minutes. This will prevent the cheese from oozing out to much as it bakes!
Allow to cool for 15-25 minutes mins! Otherwise brie will run out and make a big mess! Ideally, serve these at room temperature. Place on platter garnished with grapes and toasted raisin bread.
HERE ARE SOME OTHER IDEAS FOR FOODS TO SERVE WITH BAKED BRIE:
- small toasts
- raisin bread
- multi-grain crackers
- sun-dried tomatoes
This article adapted from this site