Bacon Mushroom Chicken Alfredo
Bacon Mushroom Chicken Alfredo Recipe - creamy pasta that couldn't be easier to make! Bacon, mushrooms, chicken and garlicky Parmesan Alfredo sauce with fettuccine will make it your new favorite.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless skinless cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 chicken bouillion cube
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 cups half and half or whole milk
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta
- Cook pasta according to instructions on the package. Drain, keep warm.
- In a large deep pan, cook bacon until crispy. Remove onto a paper towel lined plate. Drain most of the bacon grease from pan. Add one tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon of olive oil. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute, stirring often.
- Add chicken pieces, salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 7 to 9 minutes. Stir often, keep loosely covered most of the time.
- Add mushrooms to chicken in pan. Cook until soft, stirring often. Add chicken bouillion cube and water. Stir until cube dissolves.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together half and half, cornstarch, Parmesan and oregano. Whisk well. Add to pan. Bring to boil, lower the heat to simmer and cook for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Crumble or chop bacon. Add pasta and bacon and stir to coat with sauce. Serve garnished with fresh parsley.
This article adapted from this site